The Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarship
The HAI Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarship provides full tuition to complete a maintenance course from a selection of courses offered by various airframe and power plant manufacturers. The award includes a monetary stipend up to $1,600 US to assist with travel, lodging, and food. Up to seven scholarships may be awarded annually.
The scholarship was founded in memory of Bill Sanderson, a longtime industry director and advocate for aviation maintenance technician programs.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD MANUFACTURERS AND BENEFITS
The Bill Sanderson scholarship awards full tuition to complete an AMT course offered by the following manufacturers:
- MD Helicopters
- Pratt & Whitney
- Safran Helicopter Engines
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia (hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest)
- Formally recognized at HAI’s Annual General Meeting at HAI HELI-EXPO.
- The candidate must be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician school (applicants must have their A&P certificate by March 2023)
- Or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If a non-US citizen, the candidate must their respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests completed and provide proof of international citizenship.
We ask all applicants to provide the following documents:
- Proof of Enrollment – Provide a letter from your FAA-Approved Part 147 School or International Equivalent’s aviation school acknowledging your enrollment. Letter must include:
- Representative’s name
- Title and Organization
- Mailing Address, telephone, and email
- FAA Part 147 Certificate Number
- If International, please provide your country’s FAA-equivalent information
If A&P certificate is obtained, please provide legible copies, front and back of your license.
- RESUME or Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- One from your Part-147 AMT School or international equivalent’s Program Director, Administrator, or Instructor with their name, title, organization, mailing address, phone, and email
- One from your Employer, Instructor, or other who can attest to your maintenance background, training, and experience
Only completed applications that are accompanied with all required documentation will be considered.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.