1. HAI Overview and Background
Helicopter Association International (HAI) is the professional trade association for the international helicopter industry and represents more than 1,100 companies and over 16,000 industry professionals in more than 65 countries. Each year, HAI members safely operate more than 3,700 helicopters and remotely piloted aircraft approximately 2.9 million hours. HAI is dedicated to the promotion of the helicopter as a safe, effective method of commerce and to the advancement of the international helicopter community.
2. Project Goals
Through this request for proposals (RFP), HAI is seeking sources for legal protection services for HAI member pilots and aircraft mechanics who are licensed or certificated by the FAA. The primary goals of the HAI Legal Services Protection Program are to provide those HAI pilot and aircraft mechanic members with:
- Access to legal services for issues relating with aviation law and regulations
- An affordable legal-protection solution.
3. Scope of Services
The selected legal service provider will need to be knowledgeable about and experienced in the representation of licensed or certificated aviation personnel in legal and regulatory proceedings. The scope of services to be provided will include legal advice, counsel, consultation, and representation for matters relating to:
- Titles 14 and 49 of the US Code of Federal Regulations
- US aviation law
- US contract law
- US labor and employment law.
4. Background and Qualifications
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Your firm’s legal name
- Your firm’s address
- Your firm’s website
- Date your firm was established
- Number of lawyers in your firm
- Number of lawyers in your firm’s aviation practice
- Your firm’s experience in legal representation relating to the issues listed in Section 3, Scope of Services.
Please identify two clients whom you have represented in legal proceedings relating to the issues listed in Section 3, Scope of Services. For each client, please provide:
- Client name
- Client address
- Client telephone number
- Client email address
- Name, title, telephone number, and email of client point of contact
- Duration of client relationship
- Description of scope of your firm’s representation on behalf of the client.
Note: by providing these references, your firm is giving HAI permission to contact these clients and obtain additional information from them relating to your firm’s representation on their behalf.
6. Legal Services Billing
Please include complete, detailed information on any costs or fees for your services, as well as any income or proceeds that HAI would receive from operating the legal services program. Please include the following:
- Any external costs that will be incurred by HAI in its operation of the HAI Legal Protection Services Program
- Any income or proceeds that HAI would receive directly from its operation of the HAI Legal Protection Services Program
- All fees, costs, or hourly rates for your services that would be incurred by HAI members.
Note: HAI encourages alternative-fee proposals and will consider other fee arrangements.
7. Proposal Format
Interested providers shall deliver an electronic proposal as an Adobe Acrobat PDF attachment (3 MB maximum file size). The required contents for the electronic proposal are:
- Optional cover page: The optional cover page shall not exceed 1 page.
- Technical proposal:
- Section A. In this section, provide your responses to the items listed in Section 4, Background and Qualifications
- Section B. In this section, provide your responses to the items listed in Section 5, References.
- Cost proposal: As requested in Section 6, Legal Services Billing, provide information on the costs of your services:
- Section A. In this section, provide complete and detailed information on any external costs that will be incurred by HAI in its operation of the HAI Legal Protection Services Program
- Section B. In this section, provide complete and detailed information on any income or proceeds that HAI would receive directly from its operation of the HAI Legal Protection Services Program
- Section C. In this section, provide complete and detailed information on all fees, costs, hourly rates, or alternative fees for your services that would be incurred by HAI members.
8. Proposal Delivery
Proposal submissions shall be delivered via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm eastern time (Washington, D.C.; UTC-5), Monday, Nov. 29, 2021. Indicate “Proposal for Pilot and Mechanic Legal Protection Services” in the email subject line. To ensure successful delivery, email attachments shall not exceed 3 MB.
9. Additional Information
If you seek additional information about the information in this RFP, the RFP process, or any other matter related to this RFP, please contact HAI at firstname.lastname@example.org. HAI must receive all requests for additional information no later than 5:00 pm eastern time (Washington, D.C.; UTC-5), Nov. 15, 2021. Replies to all requests for information will be posted at this webpage. In addition, you can sign up to automatically receive updates on the RFP, including all requests for additional information and the subsequent HAI replies.
10. RFP Process Schedule
|Nov 2, 2021||RFP release|
|Nov 15, 2021, 5:00 pm eastern time (Washington, D.C., UTC-5)||Deadline to submit any questions or requests for clarification to email@example.com|
|Nov 29, 2021, 5:00 pm eastern time (Washington, D.C., UTC-5)||Deadline to submit proposals|
|Nov 30-Dec 10, 2021||Proposal evaluation period|
|Dec 13, 2021||Contract award|
|Dec 14-Dec 20, 2021||Project kickoff meeting to be held within 5 business days after contract award|
|Jan 3, 2022||HAI Legal Protection Services Program announced through HAI press release and media announcements|
HAI will neither consider late submissions nor be held responsible for late receipt of submissions. In addition, HAI reserves the right to:
- Reject any or all submissions without reason
- Relax, waive, or extend without reason any elements in this solicitation deemed in the best interest of HAI
- Include any other item in Section 3, Scope of Services, at any time after consultation with applicants or otherwise.